First steps

1.    Assessment.

One of the first things you should do if you wish to access government-funded services such as a residential aged care place is obtain an assessment from the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT, or ACAS in Victoria).

Most people are referred to an Aged Care Assessment Team by their doctor, community nurse or social worker, but this is not essential as you can contact an ACAT directly and arrange an assessment for yourself. To find out more, go to My Aged Care.

Information on the costs of living at each of Autumn Care’s homes can be found below: